It’s hurricane season! Protect the records that are essential to getting on with daily life. Birth certificates, insurance policies, and property deeds were lost during Katrina, and family histories were swept away in the storm surge. Here’s a tip from to help you prepare your family archives:
Make multiple paper copies of your most important documents; keep one set in a safety deposit box and store another with friends or relatives out of town. Be sure to have backups of any scanned papers or photographs.
For more information, visit http://www.archives.gov/preservation/records-emergency/public.html.
8 Notes/ Hide
- tigerarchivist reblogged this from preservearchives and added:
- congressarchives likes this
- hymntobeauty likes this
- katiebell42 reblogged this from preservearchives
- renisanz likes this
- todaysdocument likes this
- newfangledhistory reblogged this from preservearchives and added:
- ambarkanta likes this
- preservearchives posted this